Information about Corona at Brandbjerg
Corona info at Brandbjerg Folk High School
Status of coronavirus in Denmark
The first case of COVID-19 in Denmark was detected on 27 February 2020. Immediately thereafter, the pressure of infection increased, but closing down the country resulted in markedly decreasing infection pressure and the epidemic curve deflected.
Based on this positive development, the government announced on 6 April 2020 that it would commence a gradual and controlled reopening in phases of selected sectors in Denmark. Currently, we are in phase 3, and most of the business life as well as schools and other institutions have been reopened.
The reopening has so far not caused a significant increase in the level of infection spread in the country. Overall, the epidemic has subsided. The number of daily confirmed cases is decreasing, as is the total number of patients hospitalized with COVID-19.
The level of infection spread in Denmark remains very low. There are no signs of any noticeable change in the extent of community contagion yet, despite the gradual reopening of the country in April and early May. Statens Serum Institute estimates that Denmark will be able to keep the epidemic in check by maintaining the current measures on hand hygiene, physical distancing, rapid detection and isolation of the sick, and infection detection, which should allow us to prevent or stem an uncontrolled spread of infection in time.
Precautions at the school
At Brandbjerg Højskole, we are following the official guidelines from the Danish health authorities. You are allowed to enter Denmark as a student at the folk high school, as this is considered a worthy purpose.
For your travel to Denmark, please consult the official guidelines for travel with public transport:
The general advice from the authorities is to protect yourself and others with two advices:
- Wash your hands frequently – use hand sanitizer if you are unable to use soap and water
- Cough or sneeze in your sleeve – cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing
In addition to this, we have implemented a number of measures at the school according to the official guidelines.
- At the moment, the students are divided into family groups with 8 people each, which can be together without restrictions.
- Outside the family groups, we have to keep a distance of minimum 1 meter or 2 meters for some activities.
- The students have to clean and air their rooms twice each room.
- All common areas are cleaned every day and hand sanitizer is installed all through the building.
- All students use their own toilets in the room.
- Everyone uses their own drinking bottles.
- We use our outside areas as much as possible.
- We limit the amount of people who are visiting the school facilitites.
If you have symptoms of Covid-19, you must cancel your stay. We recommend that everyone take a corona test 2-3 days before the course starts – and that you keep away from others in the days leading up to the course start.
The Danish Health Authorities recommendations on protecting against Novel Coronavirus is as follows:
Bestil brochure eller rundvisning om lange kurser
OM BRANDBJERG HØJSKOLE
Bliv del af et stærkt fagligt og socialt fællesskab for livet: Kom med os ud i Danmarks smukkeste natur, der omkranser højskolen ved Vejle og rejs med på studietur og oplev verden. Hvad drømmer du om? Tag første skridt på Brandbjerg Højskole i Jylland.